Social Media, Facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest, Twitter, Blog, LinkedIn for business, pleasure, or both?
Social Media is a phrase often heard, seen, and dealt with today. You have Facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, just to name a few. These days everyone seems to be posting to each other, tweeting, and pinning. Hey, even our grand parents are on Facebook now too. Social Media has become a great way for us all to communicate.
For business Social Media is an excellent source that is a cost effective marketing tool to reach many people with. With just a click of a button you can feature deals, promote products, and just about any brand is using some form of Social Media for all of this.
• FACEBOOK is a social network service that allows you to upload pictures, and share text.
• GOOGLE PLUS is another social network that is a new service than Facebook. Here you can also upload pictures, text, and videos that you would like to share with others. You can share things publicly, or with different circles that have been organized by you.
• PINTEREST is another form of social networking that you will find to be popular. With this site you use pin boards . . . like bookmarking . . . You share things you find of interest like vintage collectibles, handmade, repurposed, upcycled, recipes, blogs, websites, how to, and etc.
• TWITTER is also considered social networking. Some see great benefits with using this site, and others are still confused by it. Here you do what others refer to as Tweeting things to everyone. These tweets are short, and only about 140 characters long. Read what people are saying, and you can join the conversation that is being shared.
• BLOG is a platform provided by some places that people use to share thoughts, information, pictures, show links to different things, some use as journals, some use like a diary, and many use for their own personal interests and businesses. You have places like Blogger, Wordpress, Tumblr, and more that are popular by many according to your preference, and your goals.
• LINKED IN is another social network site that is focused more for business relations. Like many other places on the internet is still growing, changing, and each time becomes better for those who prefer to use this place.
Keep in mind that there is much more out there for Social Networks that were not mentioned here. The ones I have mentioned above are the ones that appear to be more popular at this time, that have had some great growth, and over time have improved. Like I always tell many people there are many great ones out there that everyone will talk about, and mention. Remember what one likes, or finds to work for them might not be the one for you. Something that you need to test yourself, spend some time with, depending on your goals, and see what is a good fit for you.
How many of you use Social Networking? Do you use this for business, personal pleasure, or both? Would enjoy hearing your thoughts being shared with us all too.
Hope you all had a great weekend, and thanks so much for sharing your time at LilacsNDreams. Take care, and see you all again soon.