Handmade Homemade Hand Altered Buying Online and Local with LilacsNDreams. Welcome to everyone visiting!
Special reminder that buying products this way is better for everyone, creators and buyers.
Handmade is considered made, or prepared by hand rather than by machine. It is made by hand, a hand process, and made by people using their hands. Individual pieces, or materials that compromise a finished item. Paint, wire, and pieces combined that create a final item.
Hand Altered is glued, nailed, screwed, sewn, stapled, embroidered, inscribed, painted, drawn, photographed, etc. Any alteration, or embellishment to an item by hand, hand controlled machine, and traditional art or craft method. Hand Altered can also be referred to as hand embellished, or hand assembled too.
Homemade can be referred to pieces that are repurposed, upcycled, restyled, reimagined, etc. Made or prepared in the home, made by oneself, crudely or simply made. Creative touches, quality supplies, ingredients, and so on.
So, why pieces like this? Many reasons which I will mention a few.
1) Find something unique. Home decor, clothing, wall decor, and many things will not be exactly what someone else has. You can keep up with the trends by fixing, adding, changing, fixing it up. Makes it unique for you.
2) Super Craftsmanship. Handmade items get individual care, special attention, focus on details, quality control, etc. There are no assembly lines with unskilled workers.
3) Putting money into good hands. When you pay an artist, or craftsman for their work they are actually getting the profit from it. You are not paying a CEO of a major company, their overhead, and so on. You can also improve the economy, and make a difference by shopping this way with Handmade, Homemade, and Hand Altered.
4) Better Customer Service. I like to think that buying this way you get individual attention from the seller. When receiving products you might have a hand written note, a thank you, and once in a while you might get some little freebie included with your item. If you have a problem with some kind of mix up, lost or damaged in shipping, maybe item received was faulty, it is almost always taken care of effectively. These sort of issues though happen less frequently due to the care, and the concern Sellers strive for in having Happy Customers.
5) Go Green. Smaller scale operations will produce less waste, use recycled materials, found objects, industrial salvage pieces, etc. items that could have gone to the landfills, but with these technique of Sellers they are spared and used.
6) Get custom items and alterations. Great to have things made just for you. It’s a pleasure to receive one of a kind items, and maybe to help complete a vision you might have of something not yet out there. Also, if you don’t have the skill or time to make it yourself, there is someone out there who does.
7) Make somebody’s dream come true. Many of us dream about quitting the day job, becoming your own boss, and doing what you love to do everyday. Whether it is for you, or helping someone else with this, it is very inspiring.
“Do What You Love, and the World Will Follow”
As mentioned before there are many categories that fall into these topics mentioned. Jewelry, clothing, accessories, home decor, housewares, vintage, used, soaps, lotions, bath products, etc. they all have something in common. Start from scratch, connect things, or pieces making something for you.
There are many wonderful sellers out there doing all kinds of work. They take much pride in what they do, and like many others work very hard at what they do to make their items to be offered to you. When shopping please don’t forget about them. I would suggest if you have not already bought something like this . . . Give it a try. You will be very surprised at what you get, and will want more. It’s addictive!
The picture below was made by a friend who is no longer here. She took much pride in her work, and spent much time with it. This bunny was made from colored glass beads using safety pins to form the body. Under the body was a light, and when lit was so soft colored and cute!
Thank You for visiting with LilacsNDreams. See you again soon. Till then take care, and be safe!
Toodles . . . . . .
Post a Comment